Matt 26:36-46- Jesus praying in the garden of gethsemane
The first thing Jesus encountered at the start of His ministry was temptation.
At the end of His ministry, before He went to the cross, Jesus was temptated again!
The whole temptation of Christ was a test of His determination to carry the cross throughout, believing for a resurrection; without taking any short-cut.
Jesus experienced the full impact of the temptation (body, soul and spirit)
v38- "Soul": He was overwhelmed with emotions
v41- "Spirit": His spirit was willing
v41- "Body": His flesh was weak
Matt 26:31
Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘ I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘ I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
In fact, all His disciples forsook Him, Jesus had to go to the cross alone!
- Likewise for us, when we are going through hard times, we have to take up our cross and sometimes, like Jesus, we have to walk alone.
The Promise Of The Holy Spirit
Romans 8:25-26
But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
God has given us the Holy Spirit.
The role of the Holy Spirit is to be our comforter.
In our weaknesses and during tough times, Pray.
- Do not be discouraged when you walk alone
- Rather, learn to lean on the Holy Spirit!
Romans 8:26-30
Romans 8:29
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
"To be conformed" = to be identified with the death of Christ, leading to the same resurrection.
Romans 8:35-36
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “ For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “ For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
What are we going to experience in this "death?"
- When we experience denial and betrayal.
The good news is that we can also overcome through Jesus' resurrection!
Matt 26:40
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?
Romans 1:1-4
Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.
How do we know that He is the Christ?
By His resurrection from the dead!
What is the gospel?
It is the death, bearer and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Our testimonies are important because they testify that He is a REAL, TRUE and LIVING God!
- And that He is still doing a work through us today.
Galatians 2:20 (New King James version)
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith IN the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith IN the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 (King James version)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Romans 3:22 (New King James version)
Even the righteousness of God, through faith IN Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference.
Even the righteousness of God, through faith IN Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference.
Romans 3:22 (King James version)
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.
Footnote:
- The NKJV version uses "faith in the Son of God."
- The KJV version uses "faith of Jesus Christ."
Therefore, we believe in the faith that Jesus has and we live by the faith of God.
John 20:30-31
And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
Jesus went through all these so that He could identify with us.
If you are:
- going through a marriage crisis (Not applicable)
- facing financial difficulties
- sick in your body
No comments:
Post a Comment