Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day posts

Hi all! After that big blockbuster post last week, which I worked my butt off while trying to complete on time + everyone’s “help” in coming to me and saying “Quick Qm! Faster la… you promised us you’ll post it by today, etc…...ARRAGH, bang head*…I thought! I’ll be bringing something simple and light-hearted to everyone today. XD

As you all know, this sat is Valentine’s Day aka Friendship day. (OH MY! You mean it’s this sat??? I haven’t bought gifts yet!!! haha) So, on behalf of commemorating this special occasion, I will be bringing everyone a series of posts, beginning with a little poetry. Hope you all will enjoy it k?!































Mere words


By Kit McCallum

You’re not alone

By KC

I searched among the card displays,

To see if I could find,

A little something that would say

Just what was on my mind.

You're never alone, I'm always near,

When your troubled, down or blue.

All you have to do is call me,

I'm always here for you.

However there was not a one,

That captured it just right,

For no one else can understand

Just what I'd like to write.

It doesn't matter where I'm at,

It doesn't matter when.

When you need someone to talk to,

I'm here to be your friend.

I even find it difficult

To try to write it down,

For how do I portray to you,

The love that I have known?

If you need someone to hold your hand,

or a hug to say I care.

If you need a shoulder to cry on,

for you I will be there.

I close my eyes and what I see,

Is someone I adore;

A person who is beautiful,

Right down into their soul.

So never think you are a burden,

when the weight gets to be to much.

You might find if look hard enough,

a good friend could be the right touch.

Mere words cannot describe

The many qualities you show,

The love and caring nature that

You share with those who know.

You're never alone, I'm always here,

through the good times and the bad.

I'm always here to be your friend,

I don't like to see you sad

Your kind and gentle temperament,

Your sweet angelic smile,

Your softly spoken sentiments,

That reach across the miles.

Your smile and laugh that sparkle with

The softness of your sighs,

The way your face lights up a room ...

That twinkle in your eye.

The loving gestures through the years,

That quickly come to mind,

For always you've a gentle word

To calm and soothe I find.

I struggle and I search to try

To find some words anew ...

And yet I cannot capture

All the things that make you, you

I shall therefore, be satisfied

That you must simply know,

Just how I feel about you,

For with words I cannot show.




Editor’s note: Hope you guys found the poems interesting. I certainly did, that’s why I decided to share them with all of you. Haha. Hmm…Maybe you are a little unsure about what you can do for that dear friend of yours on Feb 14 this year. Let’s see…what can u do? Eureka, I got it!

Instead of just merely saying a word of thanks or worse…doing nothing at all, how about making use of this opportunity to recite these poems to your good friends? Show them how much he/she means to you or how much you care for that person?? I’m sure they will be touched dearly by your sincerity. =D

I’ll be looking forward to hearing good results from you when you do that. Till next time, this is angelic Qm signing off. Cheers!

No comments: