Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Study Hours

Dear all,
as you all I know, Eugene and I will be collecting study hours(yay!), and there's some things you gotta know:

1) What is study hours?
Study hours is the total number of hours you study in a week.

2) What can be considered as study hours?
- Homework (Art assignments included)
- Reading Books, Newspaper (Comics not included)
- Self-study
- Projects
- Anything outside of school curriculum

3) What is NOT considered as study hours?
- Read a book for 5 mins, sleep for the next 55mins
- Watching "Educational" YouTube videos
- Studying and playing DotA concurrently

4) When are we collecting study hours? (Important!)
To save you the trouble of trying to recall how much you have studied every week, we will be collecting study hours every Wednesday and Saturday.

Wednesday: hours spent studying from Sunday to Wednesdays (4 days)
Saturday: hours spent studying from Thursday to Saturday (3 days)

Example:







5) How long should we study?
- Polytechnic students: 10 hours per normal week, 15 hours per near exam week
- Secondary students: 15 hours per normal week, 20 hours per near exam week

Use these guidelines to help you maintain a constant studying habit. =D

6) What if I don't fulfill the study hours?
Members who constantly do not fulfill the study hours will be banned from coming to CG meeting until they start fulfilling the study hours. (Can't imagine myself being banned from CG and playing guitar at home by myself)

7) What should I do?
a) Set clear goals
The bible says in Hab 2:2, "WRITE THE VISION and make it PLAIN on tablets, that he may run who reads it"
Tell yourself something like: "I'm going to get a B3 for english, A1 for maths, A1 for chemistry, etc. etc. for the glory of God!"

Of course everyone has his/her own targets. Maybe getting a pass for a certain subject would take a miracle from heaven-I mean a great breakthrough. Let your goals be according to your ability.

b) Start studying today!
It is never too late to start, especially for all the O'Levelers! I genuinely believe that all of you will do greater things, like scoring a single digit for your L1R5. This is because I have faith in you, and also because I only started studying when it was Prelims, and you guys are starting now! :X


c) Depend on God for strength (this is starting to feel like a sermon)
We can do great things by ourselves, but we will only do our very best together with God. Weiren and all the heroes of faith are our examples yea? God really wants you to get good grades and He will be pleased when you rely on His strength, wisdom and anointing.

"For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jer 29:11



So that will be all. As the Study Hour IC, Eugene will be your shining example. (Why not me? Cos I'll be finishing school in 2 weeks XD). I trust that all of you will be honest in giving accurate study hours because liars don't go to heav-I mean because we are children of God yea?

God bless you all and may 2009 be your greatest year yet!

















-Israel, the Blog Painter

No comments: